Mark Manson is a bestselling author who have just turned 30 years old. He sent a message to his readers age 37 and older, asking what they would tell to their 30-year-old-selves now, if they would have the chance to do so.
He recieved more than 600 replies and it took him 3 days to go through all the messages. He noticed that some of the advices he received were very consistent. Below are listed the most common themes appearing in all of the responses he got from his readers.
1. Don’t be afraid of taking risks.
2. You can’t have everything – focus on doing few things very well.
3. Don’t spend your time with the ones who don’t treat you well.
4. You must continue to grow and develop yourself.
5. Nobody (still) knows what they are doing. Get use to it.
6. Start taking care of your health now – not later.
7. Invest in your family – it’s worth it.
8. Start saving for retirement now, not later.
9. Be good to the ones you care about. And also to the ones you don’t like that much.
10. Be kind to yourself and respect yourself.